Saturday, January 13, 2007
Eggless
So, never mind. No surrogacy here. Jenny and her husband met with The People In Charge, who reviewed the whole process, sure, sure, nod along, harvest eggs and sperm, toss 'em in a Kitchenaid mixer, not a problem. But then the issue of money came up... and the issue of insurance not helping. And they've decided that it's not smart to spend at least three years' worth of a college education on a what-if.

So, that's that. One less drama for the year. Frankly, I'm glad that they're not taking an at-any-cost, no-matter-what approach, because it proves to me that they aren't totally insane. Always nice to have proof. I'm a bit disappointed that I can't help them out, but I'm not losing any sleep over it; I won't be entering myself into the Registry of Random Uteruses. I would have gone through nine months of discomfort followed by the pain of labor and delivery if the circumstances had called for it, but I'm not tearing my hair out over the change in plans.

And, if there's a 75% off sale on the procedures, they know where I am.