Saturday, November 25, 2006
The Unbearable Urge to Pee on Something
I don't get sick especially often, and when I do it's normally of the head-exploding sinus-assaulting lung-escaping voice-croaking variety, very rarely with a sore throat and almost never with nausea.

So whenever I do get nausea, the knee-jerk assumption is, "Oh my God, I'm pregnant." There have been times in my life when that would be an okay situation. Now is not one of those times. Between my own professional uncertainty, and Willem's school plans, and just all-around stress and chaos right now, it's just not a good time. Not.

So today, there's the nausea and the queasiness and the sleepiness and the low-grade fever and the resulting panic and anxiety. Not a good time, there, uterus, you hear?? And with that panic comes an overwhelming need to pee on something small and white with a little indicator window.

It was negative. So I'll be sleeping tonight. With the help of my two close friends, Pepto Bismol and NyQuil.