Thursday, June 28, 2007
Proof of my Horribleness
See what insomnia/fatigue does to me? It makes me babbly and takes my sense of humor in a perhaps inappropriate direction.

Because I was just reading this article about the professional wrestler that strangled his wife and his son, then killed himself, last weekend. I have lots of thoughts on it, political stuff and sociological stuff (have any of you seen Jackson Katz's film Tough Guise?) and criminal justice stuff and psychological stuff and that-poor-baby stuff... but for the moment, the standout detail of the whole affair, to me, is the fact that, quite a while after killing his family, he hung himself on his weight machine.

Which means...

That which does not make you stronger, kills you.

Ugh. I'm sorry, it's not funny, I know. But it kind of is.