Friday, August 19, 2005
The Sweatpants of Disinterest
Just a quick tidbit before I go embark on our evening ritual of dinner/bath/bedtime insanity...

Last night, I was up typing until about 1:00. I wandered into bed and was greeted by the delicate and welcoming sound of, "Turn off the liiiiiiggggghhhhtttt.... I'm tiiiiiiirrrrrrred." I responded with an equally ladylike snort. Willem then decided he was going to Turn on the Charm - by which I mean, he was going to whine that he wanted to have sex but he wasn't actually going to do anything to try and make that happen. Instead, he just went straight to, "Well, I want to, but you obviously don't." Well, of course I don't, you amorous twit, you're not making even a tiny bit of effort. He replied, "But I can tell you don't want to. You're wearing the Sweatpants of Disinterest."

I was amused. Eventually, I gave in and admitted that, for last night at least, they were not the Sweatpants of Disinterest but rather the Capris of Warmth.

It's tough when you start to get that predictable to your spouse...