Wednesday, November 10, 2004
Note to self: Must post when happy, too.
Ugh.

Remember how Jacob used to be a fantastic sleeper? Remember?? Well, I think I remember, but the past 4 days of not more than 2 hours sleep at a time has made my memory a bit cloudy, not to mention making my temper short and my balance all weird. I walked smack into the wall the other night, and I'm not even sure where I thought I was going, there's no door anywhere near there.

I don't know what the deal is. Could be teething, could be a growth spurt, could be suddenly unhappy about me being out of the house on Mondays (though this started on Saturday, so I want to have a chat with whoever taught him how to read a calendar). I don't care. I just want him to sleep.

He won't sleep in his crib. His eyes literally burst open the second I try to lay him down. You would think that I was running an electric current through the springs. But if he doesn't move out of his bassinet soon we'll need to fold him in half and jump up and down on him to fit him in there.

Just, ugh. I have to keep telling myself that maybe tonight he'll start sleeping more, because if I don't convince myself of that possibility then I might just run away. Or, rather, lurch away at moderately high speed with no discernible grace.