Wednesday, April 27, 2005
Teeth grinding = Fingernails on chalkboard
Jacob has developed his first bad habit. No, it's not smoking or frequenting strip clubs or hanging out with thugs (though I do have my doubts about Big Bird)... he grinds his little teeth. He's got 5, the middle ones on the top and bottom plus one incisor. I swear, one of these days he's doing to do it and I'm going to reflexively shiver myself into a seizure. It is truly one of the worst noises ever. Possibly equal to fingernails on a chalboard, though I personally believe it's even worse.

He's also got a cold, poor baby. So he's not sleeping well at night, and last night we had to give in and attack him with the Nasty Evil Nose Sucker. He HATES that thing. Seriously, he acts as though we routinely pinch and beat him throughout the process - or maybe he just has an abnormal attachment to his own bodily fluids, I dunno. But we got two enormous plugs out last night, and since then things have been a'runnin' freely, let me tell you. We have a garbage pail in the living room because I simply don't have the energy to run a used tissue into the kitchen every 4.3 seconds, but I keep getting this horrible mental image of Emily running into the room and spilling this Bucket O' Snot all over the floor... ugh...

I'm down to one last paper to write and I will be DONE with my classes for my doctorate. Exciting stuff - but bizarre. I've been in grad school for the past 11 years, in some form of school for the past 24 years, I don't know how not to be a student! At least my husband is going back for his doctorate in the fall (in Math, can you imagine?), so I can live vicariously through him.

There goes my Small Boss, gently and politely calling for me...