Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Toddler irritation
What a fantastic way to start the day, that reminder that while you always love your children, you don't always like them. Sometimes, not at all.

Jacob has been up since 6:00, SCREAMING. Willem spent 15 minutes trying to get him to go back to sleep, and somehow that clicked this weird illogical thing in my head that said I should continue trying to get him to sleep. So I spent much longer than I should have, trying. He continued screaming throughout. I am so irritated with him that I'm excited for him to finish his %#$^%$^% bagel so I can go poison his brain with pointless television. Take THAT, ya little beast.

And to top it off, when I handed him his bagel, all cream cheesed and cut up small and prepared, he said, in this tiny little boy voice, "Oh, fanks, Mama." Little brat, don't you try to be all cute and heart-melting on me now. I EARNED this funk.