Thursday, May 04, 2006
High and Tight, and Skeptical
I took Jacob to get his hair cut today... I do it myself once in a while, but the $7 the beauty school charges is less than it would cost me to buy a decent set of clippers, so I have them do it, too. He does really, really well with it - just sits quietly and does his eyebrows-down skeptical look the whole time. With occasional pauses to point out that his cape does, indeed, have fishies.

Apparently when I showed the cute but not necessarily attentive haircutter the picture of what I wanted his hair to look like, she was briefly stricken blind. Because instead of a crazy spiky look, my son looks like he's ready to be shipping off for his first tour of duty. Ah, well. It'll grow out. And for $7, it's hard to complain.

On the way out of the school, I was teaching him the "Shave and a Haircut" song, and discovered that he makes a pretty amusing spoonerism with the "Two Bits" part. Goofball.