Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Delivery Entrance Only
When I woke up this morning, I was actually feeling pretty good. Which might sound like a good thing, but in the bigger picture, it's not. Because my dad and I had a bunch of errands scheduled this morning, and since I was feeling comparatively no pain I got cocky. I decided it would be a good idea to (A) take no painkillers, not even Advil, and (B) take Jacob with us. Yessir, that's affectionately known as Dumb and Dumber.

We did fine on our errands, got a bunch done, but an hour or so after arriving home I was wandering my way through 31 flavors of pain and realizing that maybe an advil or three before leaving the house wouldn't have been the worst idea ever. Yee haw.

Ah, well. I came home to meds and a dinner-cookin' husband and marble-maze-playin'-with kids (there has to be a better way to word that... but this is your Kate on drugs) and a heating pad... life is better.

While we were out, I did get the giggles. In this part of the country, there are a lot of very small graveyards - 10-20 graves total, from early settlers - surrounded by whatever modern conveniences we felt the need to cram in there. Aesthetics was not the driving force behind strip mall construction, apparently. Who'd have think it?

Anyway, there's one of these little graveyards close to a gas station, and the graveyard is fenced in on three sides with a gap on the fourth side. Directly outside the gap is a big sign, "DELIVERY ENTRANCE ONLY." Ummm, yeah. Graveyards aren't known for their takeout options.

I'll take a picture tomorrow, I'm heading out that way for an appointment. It's funnier in visuals, I think...