Monday, November 27, 2006
I Love Slipcovers
I do. I love slipcovers. Because it would have been difficult to fit my entire couch in the washing machine.

It's easiest explained by just copy-and-pasting the emails that left my account after 5:00 p.m. today:
Emily to Willem, 5:00 p.m.:
hi dad this is emily.
jacob is sick. he has a fever and he wants mom to hold him
he slept for 4 hours.
if he is still sick at 6:00 we will take him to the e.r.
i love you.

Emily to Willem, 5:39 p.m.:
hi dad i had a good day at school to day.
even though i bumped my lip.
this is how i did it.
a chare fell.
love emily.
to dad.

Kate to Willem, 5:50 p.m.:
The Motrin seems to be working now, so I'm not heading to the ER at the moment. Can you please stop on your way home and pick up a new digital thermometer? Nothing fancy - but the old one is leaking what looks like battery fluid, so I'm thinking we shouldn't use it.

Kate to Willem, 6:15 p.m.:
As a further update, Tang and milk can be thrown up completely silently.

Kate to Willem, 6:29 p.m.:
And apparently throwing up at high velocity does not lessen your son's desire for noodles with sauce one little bit. For once, I wish he was a butter-only kid.

They're in the bath now. I'm in the living room trying to block out the past 3 hours.

What time will you be home? I need to know when to schedule the drinking binge.