Thursday, April 12, 2007
The Whys and Wherefores
You are welcome.

Really. And you didn't even realize you were grateful, did you?

I know. Sometimes it's the unstated things that make all the difference.

Like, today, I was tagged by Brian, to talk about why I blog. And, being dutiful and occasionally obedient, I provided a long-winded, incredibly boring, response.

And after I recovered from my ennui-induced coma, I decided I just couldn't leave such a flat and uninspiring collection of words smeared all over your screen.

So, instead, a shorter version:

I blog to give my children concrete examples when, as angst-filled adults, they are asked by their therapists to talk about just how it was that their mother drove them crazy.

I blog because I kind of enjoy that fine, dangerous edge of not disguising our names and waiting for the day when my mother-in-law stumbles across this and learns how I really feel.

I blog because there are times when the thoughts in my head are heavy or intense or funny but I can't seem to force them into spoken words. And, yet, I don't want to lose those same thoughts to the abyss which is my motherhood-addled brain.

I blog because somehow having an audience helps me to keep writing, when any number of journals and scrapbooks have fallen by the wayside.

That's about it. It's not especially complicated, really. My only source of surprise is that I didn't start blogging sooner - I've been online since back in the days of dial-up modems and BBS's.

Okay. So, gypsyhick and Maggie, how come you blog?