Saturday, June 24, 2006
My Coolness Has Now Left the Building
Yes, indeed. It really was a burden, carrying around such a heavy load of cutting-edge coolness. So I bought a minivan and have effectively eradicated every trace of cool from myself.

But... it's a really, really nice vehicle. It's a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country, the closest to new I think I'll ever buy. Lots of cute little extras, like power driver's seat and fold-down seats in the back. (Though you have to take the kids out of their carseats before you fold down the seats. I checked.) The only option it doesn't have that I think I'll miss is one of those glass dividers between the driver and the back seats... maybe I'll have it installed aftermarket.

I'd like to state for the record that my children have been playing with this little $4.88 plastic Walmart golf set for the past 41 minutes without a single argument, squawk, or boo-boo. It's truly in the neighborhood of a miracle. I'm thinking of starting a religion.

I went dress-shopping this morning. Took Emily with me, because somehow I thought a 6-year-old's input on clothes might be helpful. "Look, Mom! Leopard print! With sequins! This is AWESOME!" I ended up buying a dress which is totally unlike anything I have ever owned or worn before, and, if I do say so myself (and, please understand, I am 40 pounds heavier than what I would consider a reasonable weight and I've never been overburdened with self-esteem) I look darn good in it. So good that I'll even post pictures after the wedding. No reason to bother doing hair and makeup and stressing about keeping it clean before then!