Wednesday, November 15, 2006
It's Not Friday, But They're Playing Kum-Bah-Yah Anyway
The building where I work has offices and such for mental health issues (though I really hate that word in the context of, "He's got... issues with sandpaper and weasels...") and on the other side of the same building they deal with clients with developmental disabilities. My office shares a wall with that "other side" - and yes, we refer to it just that dramatically - and usually on Fridays I get to listen to the concrete-muffled sounds of guitar-playing and sing-alongs. It's just weird enough that now that I'm used to it I forget how weird it is, you know?

Anyway, like I said, Fridays. So they're doing it today, which by all accounts appears to be a Wednesday, and I've been re-reminded of just how odd that is. How many jobs are there where half of your time is spent sitting in the emergency room with someone on the verge of some form of total breakdown, and the other half is spent knitting, blog-hopping and listening to the strumming of a guitar and dubious harmonization?