Wednesday, November 09, 2005
I know why some animals eat their young.
Uggggghhhhhh.

Emily was having a great night tonight, right up until bedtime. Willem taught her this trick to do with yarn, and afterwards I told her she couldn't keep it to play with, because I was afraid she would get messing around with it and cut of circulation or some such thing. ANd I didn't want it left out for Jacob do to the same. And she had this horrible, falling-down, screaming-right-outside-the-baby's-door tantrum.

I got so angry at her, because we'd had a really nice evening and everyone was getting along and here she flips out just because she's told "no." My hands *hurt* now from clenching them so hard, but I figured I had the choice of either clenching my hands too hard or picking her up and shaking her until I had dislodged whatever had crawled up her butt, and I opted for choice A. I'm just so bummed and disappointed about it now, can't WAIT for the teenage years.

Ugh.

On the bright side, I had a wildly successful consignment store visit last weekend, 5 pairs of jammies and a shirt for Jacob, 1 pair of jammies and 2 shirts for Emily, all for $30, and one of the things I got for Jacob is all brown and fuzzy with a teddy bear face on it, very thick and warm. He's just about the cutest thing ever when he's wearing it - from behind, he looks like a spiky-haired Ewok. It's the kind of thing that makes me totally understand why people have children.

And I have to keep in mind, too, that the 99% of the day that was wonderful with Emily is more important than the 1% taken up by the bedtime tantrum. It's just that I don't seem to be carrying any lasting ailments from the rest of the day.