Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Bon mots d'Emilie
I forgot to post this, but it was pretty amusing to me at the time...

A few days ago, we decided to head off to the mall for a while, just to wander around and let the kids use the play area. So, everyone gets bundled up and crammed into the car - WHEN can we stop wearing winter coats again? - and away we go. The drive involes a left turn onto a relatively busy road, and we sat there for a full three or four minutes waiting for a time when I didn't need to pull a peel-out-Dukes-of-Hazzard maneuver to get on the road.

Both kids are sitting quietly in the backseat, until I hear Emily say, very matter-of-factly, "Well, Jacob, traffic is bad today, so we might not make it to the mall. Guess you'll just have to pretend to be at the play place!"

I can't imagine where she inherited a tendency toward sarcasm. Must be from her father.